THE PHILLIPS COLLECTION IN WASHINGTON, DC
Showcasing more than 3,000 art pieces and photographs from world-renowned artists.
Situated in an intimate setting that mimics the galleries in a private home, the Phillips Collection features works by both American and European artists. Founded by Duncan Phillips in 1921, its art exhibitions are showcased over fireplaces or near windows in a living room style setting. Originally housed in the Philips family home, the museum has expanded with more than 3,000 art pieces and photographs from world-renowned artists, including Degas, Picasso, O'Keeffe, Whistler, and Braque.
- Open Tues.-Sat. 10am-5pm.
- Visitors can also enjoy extended evening hours until 8:30pm on Thursdays.
Ticketed exhibitions (including the Museum Collection) are
- Students and visitors 62 and older-$10
- Visitors 18 and younger-free
- Tours of Collection or Exhibitions
- Gift shop
- Tryst Coffeehouse for lunch or snacks